What do I do if I have an accident?

What do I do if I have an accident?

If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a road accident there are certain steps you should take:

Injury or Risk: If anyone has suffered any injury at the scene of the accident, if there is a risk of fire from leaking petrol or any suspicion that the other driver may be intoxicated through drink or drugs then call the emergency services without delay. If the other driver has failed to stop after the accident or there is damage to public property, please contact the local police.

Record Information: At the scene of the accident, you should obtain as many of the following details from the other drivers of any other vehicles involved in your collision.

- Name, address and phone number

- Vehicle registration number, make and model

- Exact damage and the location of the damage

- Insurance company and policy number

- Name, address and phone number of any witnesses

- A plan of the accident scene and,if you have a camera with a phone, some photographs

Contact Us: Telephone us on 01462 443838. We can provide you with assistance, recover your car and we will help advise you on how best to obtain a replacement vehicle for the period in which your own is being repaired.

General: Try to avoid speaking with the insurer of the negligent driver after the accident and you should seek assistance in responding to any correspondence you might receive.

Accident Management Programme: If the accident was not your fault, you are entitled for your vehicle to be repaired back to its pre-accident condition and have the right to claim compensation for any loss in the value of your vehicle arising from the accident damage. You also have the right to make a claim for personal injury to compensate you for pain and suffering arising from any personal injury sustained from the accident. Our Accident Management Company can assist you with this, just call 0844 543 8610 and our team will be able to answer all of your questions.

Documentation: Wherever possible, you should retain receipts for items of expenditure that you incur and for which you might wish to reclaim from the negligent driver. If you wish to claim for incidental expenses, for example telephone calls made and letters sent, then you need to keep a record of these events.